how to install windows 10
how to install windows 10 Whether you’re installing Windows 10 on a device for the first time or looking to start over by reinstalling on top of a previous installation, it hasn’t been easy to install Microsoft’s operating system on your systems. You don’t need much in the way of the current set either, just an 8GB USB drive and a real working computer. If you have an existing installation, it may be worth trying a Windows 10 reset first.
Once downloaded, open the folder you saved it to and launch the app to get started. The first thing you need to do is agree to the Microsoft Software License Terms. Then you’ll appear to be preparing a few things before they give you the option to update this PC now or create installation media for another PC. This is the second option you want to check before pressing the next button.
You don’t even need to look for an ISO burning tool anymore as Microsoft provides everything you need on the software side, thanks to the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool. Just go to the Windows 10 installation location, scroll down to the Create Windows 10 installation media section, and press the Download Tool Now button. It will download the latest version of the media creation tool to your device.
Install Windows 10 on Your PC:
Next, you need to set a different language, version, and architecture for your installation, which is helpful if you’re installing Windows 10 on a completely different type of device. Still, in general, you can stick to the recommended settings and hit Next.
The tool will then download the actual Windows 10 installation files before checking them. How long this takes depends on your connection to the extensive Internet, but it shouldn’t take long. Once this stage is complete, you will copy the image to your drive.
You can decide if you want to burn the image directly to a USB flash drive or create an ISO file image. Want a USB option. Connect the drive to one of the USB ports and select it on the next screen.
Install the Latest Version of Windows 10:
Once the files are copied, eject the USB by right-clicking on the systray and choosing Eject, then remove the USB drive from your primary device and plug it into the USB port on the device you want to install Windows 10 on. Go ahead, turn on the machine.
There’s a good chance that you’ll need to select the boot order for the drives on this machine, which will require a quick trip to the UEFI/BIOS, which is usually entered by repeatedly pressing F2 or delete while the machine is booting.
System Requirements for Windows 10 [64-bit]:
- CPU: 1 GHz or faster
- RAM: 2 GB
- Hard Disk Space: 32 GB
- GPU: DirectX 9 or later
- Screen: 800 x 600
How to install Windows 10?
To prepare the Windows installation files, you will need a Windows computer set up and connected to the Internet. Once this is done, you will transfer them to the new computer.
Prepare your installation files:
- Insert an 8GB or larger USB drive. It doesn’t need to be empty, but keep in mind that it will erase any content on the drive during setup.
- Download the Windows 10 installer to get started.
- Launch it and accept the license agreement.
- Unless you are reinstalling Windows on this PC, choose to create installation media for another PC.
- On the next page, you can customize your Windows 10 installation settings. If you don’t want the default settings, uncheck the “Use recommended options for this PC” check box, and then choose the language, version, and build you want to use. When finished, click Next.
- On the Choose Media to Use page, choose to Burn the image to a USB flash drive. You can also install Windows using a DVD, but your new computer requires an optical drive.
- Windows should automatically search for and select the USB drive. If you have more than one listed on your computer, choose the correct one and click Next. If you only have one USB drive, click next.
- The installation files will copy to a USB flash drive. It will take some time. Take the USB drive and insert it into the computer you want to install Windows on when you’re done.