How To Delete Page In Word
How To Delete Page In Word for free! Blank pages in a document can leave an unprofessional impression on employers or publishers. Microsoft Word is known for creating blank pages in a document. Before hitting the submit button, you should make sure to delete it whenever possible.
Since Microsoft Word is a popular document creator, we have put together the following guide to help you remove those unwanted pages if they appear in your word processor. If you also need to delete a page with text and graphics, our guide includes instructions for that as well.
Typically, extra blank pages in Microsoft Word are the result of extra paragraphs or page breaks. You can usually delete a page by selecting the content on that page and pressing the Delete key. If there is a hidden paragraph or page break at the end of the document, you can unhide the paragraph and page breaks in the document. It makes it easy to remove and remove the extra page.
Blank pages at the end or even the middle of Word documents can look unprofessional if, for example, you’re sending your resume/resume to a potential employer, and you’re wasting time typing.
These pages can usually be removed by selecting the space and pressing Backspace on your keyboard. But if that doesn’t work, it’s because Word has inserted a hidden paragraph on the page, which cannot delete. Fortunately, there is a solution to this problem.
Delete the page in Word with Backspace/Delete.
Perhaps this is the easiest way to delete a page in Word. Whether it is a blank page or contains blank text, graphics, or paragraphs, you can remove it from the document file using the “Backspace” button on a Windows PC/Laptop or the “Delete” button on a Mac.
Guidelines to Remove a Blank Page:
- Select the entire page you want to delete using the cursor or the Control + A / Command + A commands.
- Now, press the “Backspace/Delete” buttons. The unwanted or blank page will be removed from the Word file in Microsoft Word.
- If your Word file is vast and you are unsure where the blank page is, you can look for help in the Navigation panel. You can select View from the top menu and check the box next to the Navigation Pane box in the Show section. It should open a new column on the left side of the document in MS Word, displaying all document pages. Scroll through to find the blank page(s) in the Word file.
- Delete the page in Word with the Find and Replace tool
- You can also delete an extra page in Word using the Find and Replace tool.
Delete a page in Word:
- Open the Word file in MS Word, and click anywhere on the page you want to delete.
- Press “Ctrl + G” on Windows or “Option + Command + G” on Mac.
- A dialog will appear; go to the “Go to” section and type the page in the “Enter page number” box.
- Press “Enter” on the keyboard and press “Close.”
- Verify that it’s the correct page (the last thing you want to remove is a wrong page) and that the content is selected.
- Then press “Delete” / “Backspace” on the keyboard.
- Remove the blank page in MS Word from the end.
- Microsoft Word tends to create a blank page at the end of the document that doesn’t go away. It is because the last page contains a final paragraph.
- To remove this unwanted space and delete the page in Microsoft Word, hold down Ctrl + Shift + 8 in Windows or Command + 8 if you’re using a Mac to show paragraph marks.
- Select paragraph marks by double-clicking on the icons.
- Press the Delete or Backspace button to delete the blank page and paragraph marks.
How to recover deleted Word page?
If you accidentally delete the correct words page, you can restore it by using “Control + Z” on Windows or “Command + Z” on Mac as long as you haven’t closed the Word file.
How to delete any page in Word on Windows PC?
- Open the Word file on your Windows PC.
- Then click anywhere on the page you want to delete.
- You can manually scroll down to the page you want to delete and view. Or, if you know the page number you want to delete, you can press Ctrl + G on your keyboard. Then type the page number, press Enter, and click Close.
- Then press the Ctrl + G keys on the keyboard at the same time.
- Then type \ page in the text box. You should find the backslash key just above the Enter key.
- If you do not have a backslash (\) key on your keyboard, you can copy it from the previous steps and paste it into the text box.
- Then click Go To. how to install windows 10
- Then click Close. It will select and highlight all text, images, and content on the page you selected.
- Finally, hit Delete or Backspace on your keyboard.